The newly designed IBEAR MBA 2021 curriculum provides an immersive experiential-learning based framework that gives you an opportunity to develop the knowledge, tools, and business networks that will help you become a global business leader. The Program’s dual focus on curricular and co-curricular learning provides IBEAR MBA students with the catalytic career boost they are seeking.
In order to graduate, IBEAR MBA students take 56 units spread over 6 terms starting with a pre-fall summer term in June. (In the Two-Year MBA, students take 62 units over 20 months). Your 56 units comprise of 17 units of Required (non-waivable), 21 units of Core (you may waive out of a core course and substitute it with an elective), and 18 units of Elective courses. Working off of this model, you can develop the IBEAR MBA program that best suits your needs. This includes pursuing our STEM-track, International Management Science MBA.
This intensive full-time program begins in late June and ends in late June each year. It begins with a three-week transition program to assist international and domestic participants in adjusting to graduate school and life in Los Angeles
- GSBA 510 Accounting Concepts and Financial Reporting Units: 1.5, 2, 3
- GSBA 511 Microeconomics for Management Units: 1.5, 3
- GSBA 523 Communication for Management Units: 2, 3
- GSBA 524 Data Science for Business Units: 2, 3
- GSBA 528 Marketing Management Units: 3
- GSBA 529 Strategic Formulation for Competitive Advantage Units: 3
- GSBA 534 Operations Management Units: 2, 3
- GSBA 543 Managerial Perspectives Units: 3
- GSBA 548 Corporate Finance Units: 2, 3
- GSBA 549 The Firm in the National and International Economy Units: 3
- GSBA 583 The Global Context of Business (IELP) Units: 2
- GSBA 584a International Business Consulting Project Units: 2
- GSBA 584b International Business Consulting Project Units: 1
- GSBA 595 Internship in Business Units: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2
(maximum 1.5 units applicable to this degree)
Complete a selection of graduate business elective courses (500-level ACCT, BAEP, BUCO, DSO, FBE, GSBA, MKT or MOR courses) sufficient to bring the total units completed to at least 56.
Get the flexibility and choice you need to pursue the career of your choice! The new curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the needs of mid-career professionals who would like the option to pursue a specialization that speaks to the career outcomes they are seeking, while retaining the unique cohort experience of the IBEAR MBA Program. Whether a student is looking to make a career change or wanting to advance in their current industry, the revised IBEAR MBA curriculum will help them to create their own unique experience.
- 12-Month Classic With Flexibilty - This is designed for individuals with an engineering or science background. It is designed for someone who may want to transition into a business career in the future.
- 12-Month With Additional Personalization – This options allows for maximum flexibility, and is designed for students looking to create a specialization in an area of their choice. In addition to the 18 units of electives you get, you may waive up to 21 units of core classes and substitute these with elective course of your choice from a basket of 100+ electives offered by the Marshall School of Business, or choose from electives in other USC graduate schools as long as these are offered to Marshall School of Business students.
Explore the options by clicking here or on Learn More below that will take you to an immersive experience that allows you to create your ideal schedule.
International Management Science (STEM) IBEAR MBA Program
Starting June 2020, IBEAR MBA students will be given the opportunity to pursue our newly introduced STEM track, International Management Science (STEM) MBA Program. Click here for requirements you must demonstrate in order to qualify to pursue IBEAR’s STEM offering.
International Business Consulting Project
The Capstone Course of the IBEAR MBA Program is its 5-unit International Business Consulting Project (IBCP) which are done in Terms 4 & 5. IBCP is a unique hands-on learning experience, which is based on a 4-month business consulting engagement. Teams of IBEAR MBA students work with their IBCP clients to build strategies and develop solutions for one their client’s key business issues.
International and domestic research travel is a key component of most projects; costs are covered by client sponsorship fees. Each project requires deep analysis which is grounded in field research. The idea is to impart practical learning of executive decision making skills in a real-world business environment.
IBCP clients include Fortune 1000 companies, small and medium sized firms and startups. IBEAR MBA students have executed over 250 IBCP projects on topics such as market entry, market growth strategies, mergers and acquisitions, supply chain management, finance, etc. in the U.S., Asia, Latin America and Europe. Each student team is guided by a faculty practitioner with global consulting experience.
IBEAR MBA students also have the option to add certificate programs in numerous areas of specialization such as Business Analytics, Financial Analysis & Valuation and Supply Chain Management. Click here for a complete list of available certificate programs.