The School of Business offers curricula leading to a Bachelor of Science with a major in Business Administration and a specialty in real estate or real property development and management. The requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree fall into two parts: lower division (first and second years), and upper division (third and fourth years). In the first two years, all students share a common curriculum designed primarily to provide a sound general education in basic liberal arts subjects. In the last two years, the student devotes most of his study to the field of business administration and the specialty area.
For course descriptions, number of units, and prerequisite requirements, please consult our Undergraduate Senior Options Elective Course Guide.
Business Administration (Real Estate Finance Program) (BS)
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Real Estate Finance Program provides specialized skill sets for students wishing to work in real estate finance and development. The degree signals to potential employers that the graduate is ready to perform complex tasks involving real estate finance, economics and state-of-the-art computer modeling.
Requirements for Admission
The Program is available only to current Marshall and Leventhal undergraduates who have attained sophomore standing and have completed at least one semester in residence at USC.
Students who wish to pursue the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Real Estate Finance Program as a second bachelor's degree must satisfy all university requirements for a second bachelor's and complete 32 units unique to the Real Estate Finance Program major.
Please note that students can only declare one Emphasis.
Requirements for Completion
To complete the program, students must satisfy all requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and 16 upper division units in the Program.
Business Core Courses
- BUAD 280 Introduction to Financial Accounting Units: 3
- BUAD 281 Introduction to Managerial Accounting Units: 3
- BUAD 302 Communication Strategy in Business Units: 4
- BUAD 304 Organizational Behavior and Leadership Units: 4
- BUAD 306 Business Finance Units: 4
- BUAD 307 Marketing Fundamentals Units: 4
- BUAD 310g Applied Business Statistics Units: 4
- BUAD 311 Operations Management Units: 4
- BUAD 425 Data Analysis for Decision Making Units: 2
- BUAD 497 Strategic Management Units: 4
- ECON 351x Microeconomics for Business Units: 4
- ECON 352x Macroeconomics for Business Units: 4
- MATH 118gx Fundamental Principles of Calculus Units: 4 *
MATH 125g Calculus I Units: 4 **
*Placement into MATH 118 is contingent on successful completion of MATH 117 or obtaining an acceptable score on the math placement exam. The MATH 118 requirement may be waived with an AP Calculus AB or BC score of 4 or higher or an IB math score of 5 or higher.
**A-level mathematics examination scores of A or B may receive subject credit for MATH 125. Eligible students should speak with their academic advisers for additional information.
Real Estate Finance Program Requirements
Required Course (4 units)
FBE 391 Real Estate Finance and Investment Units: 4
Electives (12 units)
A minimum of 8 units must come from the Real Estate Finance Electives list. The sum of units from Real Estate Finance Electives and Non-Real Estate Electives must total at least 12.)
Real Estate Finance Electives: 8-12 units
- FBE 427 Real Estate Law Units: 4 ***
- FBE 465 Real Estate Analysis and Computer Modeling Units: 2 ***
- FBE 466 Management of Real Estate Development: Feasibility Studies Units: 4 ***
- FBE 470 Advanced Real Estate Analysis Units: 4 ***
- FBE 489 Real Estate Capital Markets Units: 4 ***
- FBE 491 Real Estate Finance Colloquium Units: 2 ***
Non-Real Estate Electives: 0-4 units
- BAEP 423 Management of Small Businesses Units: 4
- DSO 455 Project Management Units: 4
- FBE 421 Financial Analysis and Valuation Units: 4 ***
- FBE 423 Introduction to Venture Capital and Private Equity Units: 4 ***
- FBE 435 Applied Finance in Fixed Income Securities Units: 4 ***
- FBE 437 Entrepreneurial Finance: Financial Management for Developing Firms Units: 4 ***
- FBE 441 Investments Units: 4 ***
- FBE 459 Financial Derivatives Units: 4 ***
- MOR 469 Negotiation and Persuasion Units: 4
***Prerequisites required. Plan carefully.