What are my chances of getting into the business school? What would make me a more competitive applicant? Where can I get application materials?

Please review the application process here. You can also contact the Marshall Office of Undergraduate Advising and Student Affairs in JFF 201, call 213-740-0690 or email for further information.

- Hide
How many total units do I need to graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration?

128 units (for one degree).

- Hide
How many total units do I need to graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration and a B.S. in Accounting? A B.S. in Business Administration and a B.A. in Psychology?

160 units (for two degrees). You would be pursuing a second bachelor’s degree by adding Accounting or Psychology to your Business Administration major. A second bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 32 additional units above the 128-unit minimum. In some cases, more than 32 additional units may be needed in order to successfully complete the requirements set forth by each degree. Please see your academic advisor for additional information.

- Hide
What is a passing grade at Marshall?

For a letter grade, D- or above in a course is a passing grade at Marshall. For a P/NP grade, C- is a passing grade. However, in order to graduate, you will need to have a major GPA of 2.0 and a cumulative GPA of 2.0.

- Hide
Can I take ____ for P/NP?

Courses required for the business administration major and Marshall minors may not be taken pass/no pass. Please see the USC Catalogue for more information.

- Hide
Can I use my AP, IB, or A-level scores or college credit from another institution to fulfill the ECON 351x and ECON 352x requirements? How do I know if my AP, IB, or A-level scores can be used to fulfill other USC degree requirements?

No, ECON 351x and ECON 352x must be taken in residence at USC. However, it’s possible your AP, IB, or A-level scores may be used to fulfill other USC degree requirements (such as a general education requirement). Please see a list of approved AP, IB, or A-level exams that may satisfy certain general education categories or other courses here: AP exams, IB exams, A-level exams.

- Hide
Does the BS in Business Administration curriculum have a concentration requirement?

No, the current BS in BUAD curriculum does not have a concentration requirement. Instead of a concentration, students are required to take 12-units of upper-division business elective coursework. For more information on choosing your upper division business electives, please visit our website.

- Hide
How can I satisfy the 12-unit upper-division business elective requirement?

Students can select 12 units from Marshall’s various academic departments (BAEP, BUCO, FBE, DSO, MOR, and MKT). Students can elect to take 12 units from the same department or from multiple departments. Acceptable business upper-division elective courses are numbered 300-499 and must be taken for a Letter Grade. Courses marked with an “X” cannot be used to satisfy the upper-division business elective requirement.

- Hide
What courses can I fulfill through a study abroad or exchange program?

If you participate in the Marshall International Exchange Program (IEP), you can fulfill your upper-division business elective requirement. You may not fulfill business core, business minor, or general education requirements. If you study abroad through another program, including one offered by the Office of Overseas Studies, you will earn elective credit only. If you are participating in another program (such as pre-med, pre-law, a minor, or honors program) you may be eligible to fulfill some of those requirements abroad – please see an advisor for that department or program for more information.

- Hide


How can I add a class that is full?

There are no centralized wait lists for Marshall (BUAD, BAEP, BUCO, FBE, DSO, MOR, MKT) undergraduate courses. However, the Office of Undergraduate Advising and Student Affairs provides a system by which students can indicate their interest in enrolling in courses (not sections) that are currently full in order to track demand and manage classroom space effectively. To add your name to this list, please stop by JFF 201. Marshall professors cannot add students to full courses. For Leventhal courses, please contact the Leventhal School Office of Student Services in ACC 101 for information about wait lists and how to add a course.  Additional details can be found at

- Hide
How can I add a class once the semester begins?

Most Marshall undergraduate classes are open enrollment (R-clearance) through the first week of class. In other words, students are freely able to add a class (if there is an open seat). Professors cannot add students.

- Hide
How many Marshall courses can I take prior to admission to a Marshall major or minor?

Students may enroll in up to three (3) courses prior to being admitted to a Marshall minor or Marshall major. Courses from the following academic departments are considered Marshall courses: ACCT, BAEP, BUAD, BUCO, FBE, DSO, MOR, and MKT. Withdrawing from a Marshall course is considered enrollment and it will be counted as one of the three courses that students can enroll in prior to being admitted to a Marshall program.

- Hide
Can I be dropped from a class for non-attendance?

Registration in a class does not by itself guarantee a space in that class. An instructor may replace any student who without prior consent does not attend these class sessions:

  • the first two class sessions, or
  • the first class session of the semester for once-a-week classes

However, it is the student’s responsibility to withdraw officially from the course.

- Hide


Can I substitute another Accounting course for the ACCT 410 (Foundations of Accounting) requirement?

To request this substitution, please contact Marshall’s Office of Undergraduate Advising; an advisor will need to review the course.

- Hide
Can Marshall Minor courses be taken Pass/ No-Pass?

No. All courses used to satisfy a Marshall minor requirement must be taken for a letter-grade. A letter-grade of D- or higher will satisfy a Marshall minor requirement.

- Hide
Can Marshall Majors (BUAD, BAIR, BCT, BREF, BALT, BCOM, BEI, BFIN, BLDR, BMKT, BRSK, BUSW, ACCT) add a Marshall minor?

No. With the exception of the Consumer Behavior, Performance Science, Social Entrepreneurship, and Technology Commercialization minors, Marshall students cannot pursue a Marshall minor.

- Hide